The best magazine
How do I Remove a Safari Door Panel?
- 1). Disconnect the Safari's negative battery cable and loosen the clamp nut with a wrench if you have a model that uses power windows and/or locks.
- 2). Disconnect the manual window crank from the door panel if one is equipped using either a hooked tool (to grab hold of the clip) or a rag (to rub behind the handle and disengage the clip).
- 3). Unscrew and remove the two screws at the bottom of the door's armrest with a screwdriver. Pivot the armrest upward and remove it from the panel.
- 4). Pry off, pivot downward and remove the trim cover that conceals the mounting nuts to the door's mirror.
- 5). Pry out the trim caps covering the two mounting bolts on the pull handle. Remove the bolts with a wrench before removing the handle, then slide and remove the trim cover for the door latch.
- 6). Unscrew and remove the mount plate for the accessory switches, then disconnect the electrical connectors for the switches. Disconnect and remove the courtesy lamp if one is installed.
- 7). Pry the door panel off its push-in fasteners using a trim stick, flat screwdriver or similar tool, working the tool around the edges of the panel. Lift up the panel and pry it off the door's top edge at the window seal.
- 1). Unscrew and remove the door handle cover if you are removing the side door panel.
- 2). Remove the door panel's retaining screws and pry the panel off along the outer edge with your flat tool.
- 3). Lower the garnish panel to remove it from a rear door panel. On the side door, pry the garnish molding off the panel.
- 4). Lift the panel off the door.